Schedule in East Grinstead
On behalf of long standing client, DMP was instructed to provide Dilapidation protocol services on behalf of Landlord for assignment of lease to new tenant on high street property in East Grinstead.
The three storey mixed use property comprising of lock up shop currently barber shop and maisonette to upper parts had been sub-let to new occupier and therefore in accordance with the lease the landlord required an interim schedule of condition to be served on the new occupier in order for them to understand their repairing and future liabilities.
The property was inspected both internally and externally. DMP provided a detailed report to our client, including recommendations for requirement of Building Regulations approval following works to convert the upper parts to form 2 bedroom self-contained flat.
Most leases of commercial properties in the UK contain lease clause obligations for the tenant to repair, redecorate and reinstate alterations at the end of their lease term or on assignment to a third party.
DMP are experienced providing initial dilapidation estimates, arranging schedule/survey of dilapidations and assist either landlord or tenant as to whether to carry out the works or negotiating the dilapidations claim.
DMP CAN HELP WITH YOUR DILAPIDATIONS LIABILITY
We offer expert dilapidations advice at every stage of a lease term to both landlords and tenants. Specifically:
- Preparing terminal schedules of dilapidations
- Preparing interim schedules of dilapidations during lease terms
- Negotiating financial settlements for landlords and tenants on termination of a lease
- Monitoring lease expiry works for tenants
- Tendering, project managing repair and reinstatement works for tenants prior to lease end, or for landlords after expiry of the lease
- Preparing dilapidations assessment reports prior to new leases being granted or during the term of the lease
- Providing schedules of condition at lease commencement
- Dilapidations experience across all commercial asset classes
Contact DMP for free advice.